Oak Park, Illinois

How is Arcadia Financial a lienholder of my Dodge van I purchased in 2003?I paid that car off a long, long time ago.

I never used Arcadia to finance this vehicle. What is going on? I checked CyberDriveIllinois and found this out just today. Do I need to request the title from them?

My ex wife has been driving the van for the past 7-8 years. and wants the title transferred to her.

I'm going to have her follow up on this and God help you, she will not quit until you guys have given us the title back.(I'm speaking to you, Arcadia, not the fine folks who have put together this website for our ranting.)

Review about: Arcadia Financial Auto Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Arcadia Financial?

Comments

Oxford, Mississippi, United States #1353730

When you purchase a car.The lender is the lien holder.

If the loan sold. The new holder of the loan becomes the new lien holder. After you paid the loan off.they release the title. Now if they havent a simple phone call will settle the matter.

If not a letter of intent and copy of last check that paid the car off will get you your title. Reading these post are funny people using terms like scam.

Read your paperwork.Learn how to buy a car.....15 yrs car sales and management.

Clint

As I understand it Arcadia was purchased by wells Fargo. I would contact them to see if you can get things resolved.

Lutherville Timonium, Maryland, United States #1188089

We were trying to donate our old car and needed to get a duplicate title.We were told it still has a lien on it through this company.

WTH? This car was purchased brand new back in 2000. It was paid for a VERY LONG TIME AGO!! Now we have to try and get a release for the vehicle.

All of this trouble just to donate a 16 year old car to a veterans charity.Ugh!

rollo2016
#1142060

When the loan was paid off, they didn't release the lien.Happens all the time.

Contact them and provide them with any info they need in order to release the lien. Any good finance company will release it.

Again, don't take it personally.It happens.

to rollo2016 Malvern, Arkansas, United States #1272852

I am having the same problem

2001 truck.Arcadia financial had been sold 2 times I can't get in touch with anyone..

the truck had been paid off over 12 years ago and now the DMV is saying there is a Lien , and I can't get in touch to get this fixed.Is there anyone out there who can help?!

barb6100
to rollo2016 Bedford, Texas, United States #1301145

same thing happened to my mom on her dodge truck. looked online and it says Arcadia Financial went out of business. What now?